googleads

Sunday 13 September 2009

Sunroom Crochet Sock Collection Autumn 2009

Well who would have thought that crochet socks could be so easy and also so fabulous. As I have already said I have fought with knitting socks for too many moons. I had to all intents and purposes given up with the blighters. So finally I’ve done it. I have made socks for Fit flops or flip flops, I have adjusted this original pattern and come up with some croc socks and finally managed a pair of ‘him’ socks.

173-7345_IMG

Firstly the ‘him’ socks as yet to be named. Made here with Regia self patterning sock yarn. I’m so please with these and so is he.

172-7290_IMG

Here we have my take on Fit Flop socks. The yarn used here is pretty wild and wacky. It’s 100% hand dyed wool that I imported from china – unfortunately it doesn't have a name. The crochet socks however do – As I designed the pattern and wrote it up as I went they were affectionately labelled – the fighting socks.

173-7350_IMG

What wild, wonderful and chaotic colours. The yarn used here was thicker than normal sock yarn but worked equally as well, in my opinion.

172-7297_IMG

And finally my croc socks – made in normal double knitting Robin yarn. I chose the colours to illustrate the pattern.

173-7354_IMG

And here they are inside the crocs okay the crocs are a tad oversized for me, but you get the idea.

172-7292_IMG

I will be publishing my patterns for all of the above crochet creations. But as we head to winter and we start thinking about wearing boots I want to design a couple more types of socks. I want to think about both boot socks and knee high socks.

I hope you like the socks and maybe feel inspired to have a go at making them.

Find my Handmade Silver Crochet or Knitting Stitch Markers here

Crochet http://goodtimesithinkso.blogspot.com/2009/09/crochet-stitch-markers.html Knitting http://goodtimesithinkso.blogspot.com/2009/09/knitting-stitch-markers.html

Blogger Labels: Sunroom,Crochet,Sock,Collection,Autumn,Regia,yarn,wool,Robin,winter,knee,croc,crocs

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am not sure how I came across your blog, but am enjoying it very much. I would like to purchase the pattern for the sunroom crocheted socks, collection autumn 2009 if possible. I have never made socks, but have always wanted some. Thanks you very much.
Linda Kay

lindahenzler@sbcglobal.net