googleads

Monday 15 March 2010

A Mirasol Mother’s Day

185-8572_IMG
I hope that all Mum’s, Mother’s, Ma’s, Mummy’s everywhere had a wonderful Mother’s Day. I was the lucky recipient of some sublime Mirasol yarn. It is too yummy for words really.
185-8570_IMG
I crocheted up a quick swatch to see how the yummy yarn would perform and it’s really excellent. The colours are beautiful and the wool itself is divine. Unfortunately I now feel a long term, time consuming and very expensive blanket, throw, afghan project coming on :-)
185-8571_IMG
The stitch definition is incredible and it’s wonderful to be working with such an ethical product. The sample here is Mirasol Hacho shade 317. If you are not familiar with the Mirasol project then click here.
The philosophy behind the Mirasol Project is very simple, the Mirasol Project supports local communities in Peru through the sales of the Mirasol Yarn Collection.
Peru’s heritage and culture of textile artistry is rich and ancient. The Mirasol Yarn Collection includes yarn made from the animals tended by these communities for generations in the Peruvian highlands. Without them we would not have this beautiful yarn.
I hope Mum’s everywhere were as lucky as me.

2 comments:

Pink Feather Paradise said...

No not really... but my friend in america sent me some beautiful cotton yarn... I will check out that brand though and the colours are scrummy!

x Alex

Eight by Six said...

That yarn does look lovely, lucky you. I wish my crochet looked so perfect, I'll have to keep practicing!